Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts (PA PKC) is a state-funded prekindergarten program for 3- and 4- year-old children to help them gain school readiness skills. The goal of PA PKC is to provide a high quality-learning environment for children.
Children enrolled in Pre- K Counts attend 180 days per year. The program provides comprehensive services to all enrolled children and their families. By forming a partnership with parents, staff, and the community members, we offer services designed to promote the healthiest, safest environment in which children, families, and staff can thrive and their full potential.
NTCAC Pre-K Counts Goals
- Prepare and teach preschool children the school readiness skills needed to be ready for school success
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum that foster his or her intellectual, social, and emotional growth
- Provide opportunities for children and families in our program that will help prepare them for future school and life successes
- Learning activities that will help your child thrive and smoothly transition into kindergarten
What Can I Expect from a Pre-K Counts Classroom?
NTCAC Pre-K Counts classrooms provide:
- Qualified teachers, with education and expertise working with young children
- Small class sizes (15) so teachers have one-on-one with your child
- Opportunities for children to participate in indoor and outdoor play daily
- Use a research-based curriculum that will help your child grow, academically and socially
- Regularly review your child’s progress and choose teaching and learning activities that are best for your child
- Help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten
- Provide nutritious lunch and snacks daily
- Open five hours daily Monday through Friday from September to June
- PA Pre-K Counts is a free program for income-eligible families designed for children who are between the age of 3 and younger than the entry age for kindergarten
- Children who have a family income that falls below the 300% of the Federal poverty level
- PA Counts is free to income-eligible families
How Can I Enroll My Child in a PA Pre-K Counts Classroom?
We need the following to enroll your child:
- Completed application **
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Copies of family income such as last year’s W-2, pay stubs (3), TANF determination letter, child support, unemployment determination, foster care
- Most current physical
For enrollment information:
- Download, complete, and print the Pre-K Counts Application
- Pick up applications at Northern Tier Community Action Head Start Office
135 West Fourth St., Emporium, PA 15834 (the building in the back of the main office)
- Cameron Co Pre-K Counts, 601 Woodland Ave, Emporium, PA 15834
- St. Marys Pre-K Counts, 513 East Arch St., St. Marys, PA 15857
Return completed application with copies of all required documents:
By mail to:
Northern Tier Community Action Pre-K Counts
PO Box 389
Emporium, PA 15834
Fax #: 814-486-0519
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Income Guidelines
|Family Size||100% Annual Income||300%|
|For family units with more than 8 members, add $4,540 for each additional person.
Priorities given to income eligible families.
Here are some interesting links for you!
Northern Tier Community Action Corporation
135 W. 4th St.
P.O. Box 389
Emporium, PA 15834
Mo-Fr: 8:00am – 4:00pm
*Closed to visitors until further notice, please call and we will help*